Although the Australian Christmas can be less ‘Let it snow’ and more Merry & very, very Bright- it’s always fun to indulge in traditionally festive treats, with a little twist of course. This Christmas Ice Cream Plum Pudding combines a summer staple and a holiday classic perfectly. Recipe via Women’s Weekly.
1. Line a 1 litre (4-cup) pudding basin with a double layer of plastic wrap or a single layer of freezer film, extending plastic about 5cm over edge of basin.
2. Break pudding into small pieces in a large bowl. Add cherries and kirsch; toss lightly to combine.
3. Fold ice-cream through pudding mixture in a large bowl. Spoon mixture into prepared pudding basin, pressing down firmly. Smooth top; cover with plastic wrap then foil. Freeze overnight.
4. Place chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl; stir over a medium saucepan of simmering water until just melted. Cool slightly.
5. Turn pudding out onto a chilled serving plate. Pour melted chocolate over pudding. Dust with icing sugar, top with cherries and enjoy on a balmy December day!